Thursday, August 30, 2007

JUST DO IT





I had a nice experience yesterday night. I went to have dinner to little India at a restaurant called Banana Leaf, very known locally. Its serves food from north and south of India. It doesn’t have plates or forks and people eat with the hands. First they bring the food very tidy in small bolls divided per tastes and flavours, then you put the rice at your leaf and after you put the different sauces or meat on the top of the rice, finally you just use your right hand to put the food in your mouth and eat it (remember in matters of protocol, ancient India and Asian countries used the left hand because of hygienic matters so they never eat with the left hand, it is a “dirty” hand). I already knew Indian traditions, but I was never in India and I don’t remember having ate a dish food with my hands (usually only bread or sandwiches, heehaw). Maybe when I was younger with my friend Patricia in Algarve or with Susana! Definitely a long time ago.
At the first seconds it was a very strange impression, but then it was quite amusing. I had a great Fun. Like the brand Nike announces: JUST DO IT!

No comments: